Dedication to Diversity
The firm of GableGotwals recognizes that diversity is an integral component of our commitment to achieve the highest level of ethical conduct and professional competence as individual attorneys and as citizens. It is expected that every firm employee accept responsibility for their part in fulfilling the firm's commitment to diversity.
To accomplish our goals, the following initiatives, among others, are being pursued:
- Continue recruiting, hiring, mentoring, retaining, promoting and advancing outstanding minority and women law students who will thrive in the firm.
- Improving the diversity of those holding firm leadership positions and participating in practice development efforts.
- Encouraging reporting of any discrimination or harassment based on gender, race, color, national origin, religion, age or disability.
- Participating in diversity initiatives outside the firm with clients, bar associations, and minority organizations.
The Diversity Officer appointed by the Board of Direcors, reports to the Board semi-annually on the firm's progress in carrying out the following activities and other initiatives to strengthen diversity throughout the firm, our profession and our local community.
- Recruitment, Hiring and RetentionGableGotwals is committed to diversity through recruiting, hiring, mentoring, retaining and promoting minority and women attorneys for our firm. Behavior, practices, improper conduct and statements that are prejudicial to the firm's diverse population are not tolerated. Each of those in firm leadership roles, as well as others, communicate the importance of diversity to everyone at the firm in a number of ways.
- Women's InitiativeGableGotwals is committed to the recruitment, retention and advancement of women attorneys and staff members of the firm, ensuring a positive and supportive environment at all times. Many of our firm's committees, including the Diversity Committee, are led by women attorneys.
- Professional OrganizationsAt all times GableGotwals has active members of the firm on committees or sub-committees of the Tulsa County, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma or American Bar Associations whose purpose is to promote diversity initiatives in the legal profession. Read More
- Community OutreachGableGotwals is dedicated to increasing awareness of the importance of diversity within our communities. Read More